Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Busiest Time Of Year

This time of year is truly so busy, but I have had 90% of my shopping done for a while now, so Jess and I have been trying to do lots of fun things as a family. I have been pretty relaxed this year and have been really focusing on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Jess and I have enjoyed conversations with Canon about Christmas, Jesus, and santa. If you ask Canon if santa is real he will say, "no, he is just pretend." If you ask him why we celebrate Christmas he will say, "JESUS!" 

This is the first year Canon has gotten super excited about Christmas and I love seeing his face light up over all the conversations and different activities we have done. Canon is excited to be giving a boy nerf guns for Christmas. We took an angel off of a tree at his school. We enjoyed going together as a family to pick out the nerf guns for this 10 year old boy. We have also been praying with Canon over some families we know that are struggling this Christmas over heart ache and grief. I love how Canon brings up these situations on his own and will ask us to stop and pray for these families. Truly a compassionate child. 

So here is a list of some fun things we have done over this busy time of year!

- Got milkshakes and drove through a Christmas light show. I think this will be a family tradition as this is the second year in a row we have done this. 
- Church staff Christmas party. 
- LifeWay Christmas program. They put on such a great program and Canon loves watching everyone play the instruments. We went together as a family this year (last year just Canon and I went).
- Grace Church Christmas program. Our church had a Christmas dinner and then a program following. It was nicely done and I personally enjoyed sitting together as a family singing Christmas hymns and watching the baptism.
- Visited Opryland - blog post to follow
- Christmas parade

So fun and there is still lots more to follow. Love making memories with my family.

Here are a few pictures of the kids with santa.




No comments: